|Cost of replacement aside: things I'm least happy to have lost along w/ my laptop, which was stolen out of an Upper West Side coffeeshop while I used the restroom on 6/30.|
1) Longish (2/3 of a book, maybe) series of poems ("Ohm: An Incident Log") that I've worked on off and on for more than a couple of years now.
2) A couple of weeks of revision work on an aesthetics paper (photography material I was discussing a while back, just getting back to it.)
3) Stickie note where I kept isolated words or idioms that I'd like to find a place for (bollard...wallwart....sea lawyer....whitelist)
4) The back-channel emails (mine/others) I've kept, stemming from blog commentary etc.
5) Any photos I never posted anywhere.
Upsides, or so I tell myself:
1) Released from guilt over a lot of stuff I've loaded onto iTunes and never dealt with. (Somewhat similarly for a long list of books/authors to be explored; I imagine most of the ones really worth the effort will come to mind again before I die.)
2) A lot of "Ohm" wasn't that strong, as indicated by my resistance to sending parts of it out. (I am hoping that another longish piece/series, "Still," was kept by one of the few people to whom I've sent it.)
3) I've been kind of desultory in starting any major prose projects; I'm not halfway through a Latouche biography or anything.
4) DIdn't happen just before my EMP or Orono talks, of which there are hard copies and probably other documentation.
5) I haven't bought an M-Box yet, so haven't started doing any significant hard-drive recording.
free music, discography, etc. here
- 21. The Paragons, My Best Girl Wears My Crown
- 20. Bruce Springsteen, Magic
- p. 123, you're it
- 19. Big Dipper, Supercluster
- 18. Juno, Encores! at City Center, 3/30
- 17. Alex Hassan, Phantom Fingers
- 15-16. V/A The Found Tapes, BIPPP
- 13-14. Dirty Projectors, Rise Above and Jeffrey Le...
- 12. Talking Heads, 71 Minutes In 76
- I was already aware of the Volvo jingles, but this...