fjb, local currency: solo 1992-1998 (fayettenam)

the human hearts, civics (tight ship)

the human hearts on myspace

nothing painted blue, taste the flavor (shrimper)

info on older band and solo work; I have no idea who compiled the scarily complete discographies

7.02.2008

Cost of replacement aside: things I'm least happy to have lost along w/ my laptop, which was stolen out of an Upper West Side coffeeshop while I used the restroom on 6/30.

1) Longish (2/3 of a book, maybe) series of poems ("Ohm: An Incident Log") that I've worked on off and on for more than a couple of years now.
2) A couple of weeks of revision work on an aesthetics paper (photography material I was discussing a while back, just getting back to it.)
3) Stickie note where I kept isolated words or idioms that I'd like to find a place for (bollard...wallwart....sea lawyer....whitelist)
4) The back-channel emails (mine/others) I've kept, stemming from blog commentary etc.
5) Any photos I never posted anywhere.

Upsides, or so I tell myself:

1) Released from guilt over a lot of stuff I've loaded onto iTunes and never dealt with. (Somewhat similarly for a long list of books/authors to be explored; I imagine most of the ones really worth the effort will come to mind again before I die.)
2) A lot of "Ohm" wasn't that strong, as indicated by my resistance to sending parts of it out. (I am hoping that another longish piece/series, "Still," was kept by one of the few people to whom I've sent it.)
3) I've been kind of desultory in starting any major prose projects; I'm not halfway through a Latouche biography or anything.
4) DIdn't happen just before my EMP or Orono talks, of which there are hard copies and probably other documentation.
5) I haven't bought an M-Box yet, so haven't started doing any significant hard-drive recording.