fjb, local currency: solo 1992-1998 (fayettenam)

the human hearts, civics (tight ship)

the human hearts on myspace

nothing painted blue, taste the flavor (shrimper)

info on older band and solo work; I have no idea who compiled the scarily complete discographies

3.22.2008

13-14. Dirty Projectors, Rise Above and Jeffrey Lewis, 12 Crass Songs

Reviewed for Boston Phoenix.

P.S.: This covers whatever it was I had thought to say about Juno a while ago. I mean, I really don't care that much, and there are plenty of reasons to have a problem with the film, but possibly the least valid (most rockist) is that loud indie music is more genuinely rebellious than quiet indie music.

P.P.S.: I'm surprised that I likes the Lewis record so much more than Douglas. Could just be that the originals don't mean all that much to me.