fjb, local currency: solo 1992-1998 (fayettenam)

the human hearts, civics (tight ship)

the human hearts on myspace

nothing painted blue, taste the flavor (shrimper)

info on older band and solo work; I have no idea who compiled the scarily complete discographies

2.07.2008

3. Monade, Monstre Cosmic

(Too Pure, 2008)

I haven't made time for Stereolab in maybe a decade, so I don't know how Letitia Sadler's side-project (now less bedsit, more full-band, I gather) bears on what they've been doing lately. It's knee-jerk, obviously, to make her/their Frenchness the angle, but it find it hard not to say: Well, she seems to be going for Air, except when she's going for Bridgette Fontaine. Which is just to say that most of this promenades by in an eminently licensable manner, except when it doesn't, notably on "Lost Language" (one of three songs in English) and "Entre Chien et Loup," which have that harder attack and type-of-syncopation-that-doesn't-swing that is usually abbreviated by the term "angular," and which I've lapped up since I was about 13.