fjb, local currency: solo 1992-1998 (fayettenam)

the human hearts, civics (tight ship)

the human hearts on myspace

nothing painted blue, taste the flavor (shrimper)

info on older band and solo work; I have no idea who compiled the scarily complete discographies

12.21.2006

update

* With thanks to Douglas, who led me to the ridiculously convenient mac audio-recording app WireTap, here's Carole Landis doing "Flame Song" per below.

* The Dean makes his debut as a content provider for MSN. (Went up a week ago, but it doesn't usually occur to me to check MSN for, well, any reason at all. Better there than nowhere, is all I can say; it should be beyond question that he wouldn't be doing it if he were editorially compromised in any way.) Shouldn't be in any way related to the above item, but: the chatty orientation to CG (a user's guide to a user's guide!) led me back to this q&a from a couple years back. Several pages in, he's asked what the first single he ever bought was:

Good question with an answer that would embarrass me if I got embarrassed about such things. First single: Doris Day, "Secret Love" (loved the B side, "Deadwood Stage").

Both are from the film musical Calamity Jane (1953, David Butler), a pleasant Annie Get Your Gun knock-off. (I've always assumed this film came into existence because Day coveted the latter role; she and Robert Goulet eventually did all of the Berlin show's songs as an LP). In any case, "Secret Love" was a million seller, and won Best Original Song Oscars for Sammy Fain and...Paul Francis Webster.