fjb, local currency: solo 1992-1998 (fayettenam)

the human hearts, civics (tight ship)

the human hearts on myspace

nothing painted blue, taste the flavor (shrimper)

info on older band and solo work; I have no idea who compiled the scarily complete discographies

7.01.2007

the spraycan wars



More on the Venice Biennale in a week or so, but here's what was probably the weirdest moment for me: walking into Raymond Pettibon's fugly-even-for-him installation in the Storr-selected International Pavilion. I've gotten used to the oddity of seeing Mr. SST-Flyer-Guy taken up by the artworld, of course, but there's still something curious about traveling a few thousand miles to see lists of Black Flag and Germs members scrawled in ballpoint (you'll have to click for an enlargement to make them out; I'm rushed and not v. good w/ iPhoto), and (more visibly) a play on a Minutemen title to boot. I have to wonder what percentage of attendees get these references; possibly higher than I imagine.